Becker Lake Trails
The Vernon Off-Road Motorcycle Club maintains a sizeable network of trails on the west side of the Noble Canyon Forest Service Road.
There are numerous informal areas to stage from. Here are a few common locations.
- Base of Noble Canyon Road
- Gravel Pit at 4.5 km on Becker Lake Road
- Under the power lines at roughly 12 km.
Please note that all riders are required to have liability insurance. This area is periodically patrolled and those found without insurance can be fined $370.
Digital trail maps are available to all members. If you have your membership and want the current map package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have the PDF, install the Avenza app on your smartphone and install the PDF. Presto!
Need a membership? Grab one here.
There is a BC Recreation site at Becker Lake with 7 camping spots. Check out this link for more information.
Club members routinely camp beneath the power lines by the giant fire pit and the endurocross course. Here are some directions for ya.
- From Vernon, drive about 15 km on Hwy 6 east towards Lumby / Nakusp.
- Turn left on Noble Canyon Forest Service Road (FSR) just after passing Lavington. The entrance is a bit hidden behind some big trees so go slowly or you may zoom past it.
- Follow the Noble Canyon FSR until the Becker / Bardolf junction after km 2. Keep left to Becker.
- Follow the road up until you reach the 14 mk marker.
- Leave the road for the power line. Drive for about 1 km and you will arrive at the giant fire pit and the endurocross course. There are some camping opportunities throughout this general area.